Yup, that's right -- it's berry season. Sure, frozen berries will do in a pinch, but there's nothing quite like the juiciness and flavor of fresh berries. And the blog posts on About.com Coffee / Tea will be celebrating the seasonal flavors of fresh berries for the next week.
To start, today's focus is strawberries. Perhaps my favorite fruit of the berry family, strawberries have a sweet-tart flavor that pairs well with many teas when used in tea recipes, served alongside tea or used in afternoon tea fare. Here are some of my favorite ways to use strawberries with tea:
- Strawberry Iced Green Tea -- Fresh strawberries-->strawberry simple syrup-->easy iced tea
- Strawberry Sencha Fresca -- Agua fresca + Japanese Sencha
- Strawberry Basil Yerba Mate -- Preparation pictured above
- Nelson's Gold Iced Tea -- Recipe from Silver Tips Tea
- Strawberry Tea -- Afternoon tea with plenty of strawberries
- Strawberry Tea Smoothie -- A simple tea smoothie recipe from former site guide Sean Pajaanen
Photo (c) Marko Goodwin
Do you tweet? Follow About Coffee/Tea on Twitter.
Are you on Facebook? "Like" About Coffee/Tea.
Interested in learning more about tea? Sign up for the free, easy Tea 101 e-course.