In need of a last-minute holiday gift? Here are some recipes you can make at home, and then share at the office or package for the coffee or tea lover on your holiday list:
- Coffee Chocolate Truffles -- These are easy to make in large batches. Play around with different coatings, such as chopped nuts, cocoa powder and shredded coconut, to make a festive assortment of flavors.
- Pumpkin Scones -- These are fantastic with coffee or masala chai. If you want to make them last-minute and serve them warm, you can make the dough in advance, shape and cut the scones and then freeze the dough until you're ready to bake them. I also recommend trying this easy Ginger-Orange Scones Recipe, which is great for afternoon tea or for office holiday parties.
- Mocha Cake -- Perfect for anyone who loves coffee and chocolate. Enough said.
- Homemade Coffee Liqueur -- This is essentially homemade Kalhua / Tia Maria (depending on whether you use vodka or rum). You can determine how strong it is, how sweet it is and what kind of coffee to use. It uses instant coffee and is very simple to make. For those who love freshly ground coffee, this Coffee-Infused Liquor is a better bet, especially if you use a specialty coffee for the flavor.
- Masala Chai Vodka -- This warming spiced-black-tea vodka is unique, ideal for the holidays and easy to make.
- Flavored Simple Syrups -- These are like a gourmet version of commercially available flavored syrups. Try flavors like Lemon-Ginger or Strawberry for tea drinkers and flavors like Cinnamon or Vanilla for coffee drinkers.
Do you tweet? Follow About Coffee/Tea on Twitter.
Are you on Facebook? "Like" About Coffee/Tea.
Interested in learning more about tea? Sign up for the free, easy Tea 101 e-course.