No need for expensive espresso machines to make foamed milk. You can add this rich froth to your coffee drinks right at home.
Time Required: 15 minutes
- Fill a medium-sized sauce pan with cold milk, about halfway full. Make sure to leave room for the foam.
- Put the pot on a burner, with low heat. If using an electric stove, heat the element before putting the pot on.
- Start whisking the milk. Whisk faster as the milk heats up, but do NOT let it boil. That will change the flavour of the milk.
- Once you have enough foam, remove from heat.
- Add to your favorite coffee drinks, and enjoy.
- No need to use whole milk. Low-fat or skim milk will foam just as well.