are warming wintertime drinks that people often sip as a remedy for colds, coughs, sore throats and the flu. Hot Toddies are sometimes made with hot water or apple cider
, but many people (myself included) prefer to make them with tea
, which imparts an added flavor and (according to some studies) aids in lessening the symptoms and duration of the common cold.
Prep Time: 5 minutes
Cook Time: 5 minutes
Total Time: 10 minutes
Yield: One serving
- Combine water and spices in a pot.
- Bring water to just below boiling and remove from heat.
- Add tealeaves.
- Steep for 4 minutes, and then strain into a large mug.
- Stir in honey.
- Float brandy, rum or whiskey on the top of the drink.
- Squeeze lemon into the mug.
- (Optional) Drop the lemon into the mug for a stronger citrus flavor.