Alternately, you can use fresh rosemary to make a maple syrup sweetened herbal infusion. Simply use one sprig rosemary per two cups water and sweeten to taste with maple syrup. (The lemon juice is optional in this variation.)
Prep Time: 5 minutes
Cook Time: 4 minutes
Total Time: 9 minutes
Yield: Two servings
- 12 mint leaves
- 2 c boiling water
- 1/2 tbsp maple syrup
- 1/2 tbsp lemon juice
- Combine the fresh mint and the water in a small saucepan over high heat.
- Bring the mixture to a rolling boil, then remove from heat.
- Steep the mint in the hot water, covered, for four minutes.
- Strain out the mint leaves.
- Stir in the maple syrup and lemon juice.
- Serve hot, in mugs, or chill and serve cold.
- Add more maple syrup and / or lemon juice if desired.