Definition: Lavender flowers make a sweet, soothing and highly aromatic tisane / "herbal tea." Many say that lavender "tea" is calming and that it aids in the relief of headaches, tension, insomnia, and stress. Lavender infusions are one of my top ten teas for afternoon tea and lavender flowers are a popular additive to some varieties of Earl Grey tea. Lavender is also popular in aromatherapy.
- Lavender-Verbena "Tea" Recipe
- Lavender Iced Herbal "Tea" Recipe
- Lavender Lemonade Recipe
- Lavender-Basil Lemonade Recipe
- Lavender-Honey Simple Syrup Recipe (great for flavoring teas and lemonades)
- How to Blend Homegrown Herbs for "Tea"
- Recipe for Lavender Cookies for Afternoon tea
- Lavender-Vanilla Bean Marshmallows Recipe
- Lemon-Lavender Pound Cake Recipe
- Lavender Ice Cream Recipe
- Lavender is a popular herb for growing in flower gardens and herb gardens. Learn to grow lavender.
- Lavender is a popular herb in alternative medicine. Learn more about the medicinal uses of lavender (including lavender aromatherapy).
- As a color, lavender has longstanding associations with the Victorian meanings surrounding the flower lavender. Learn more about the color lavender.
- Lavender is celebrated in Paganism and in many harvest festivals
Also Known As: lavender herbal tea, lavender tisane, Lavandula
Common Misspellings: lavander