If you plan on drinking it often, you can mix the dry ingredients ahead of time. Just shake the hot cocoa mix before you measure out each serving.
Prep Time: 2 minutes
Cook Time: 1 minute
Total Time: 3 minutes
- 1 cup milk, soymilk or water
- 1 serving’s worth of dark chocolate cocoa mix
- 1 serving’s worth of instant coffee
- 1/2 tsp. ground cinnamon
- Bring the liquid to a simmer. (If you’re in an office or other space without a stove, use the microwave’s “Beverage” setting. If you’re camping, bring it to a simmer over the campfire.)
- Place cocoa mix and instant coffee granules in amounts for one serving (as directed by each) into an empty mug.
- Add cinnamon to the mug, and then stir in a small amount of milk to create a paste. (This is easier to do with a fork than it is with a spoon.)
- Gradually add the rest of the milk, stirring as you go.
- Serve hot.