Prep Time: 15 minutes
Cook Time: 15 minutes
Total Time: 30 minutes
Yield: About 2 cups
- 1 stick (1/2 cup) room-temperature butter
- 1/2 tsp. ground cinnamon
- 1/2 tsp pure vanilla extract
- 1/4 tsp. ground nutmeg
- 1/8 tsp. ground cardamom
- 1/8 tsp. sea salt
- 2.5 cups sifted confectioners sugar
- 4 tbsp. instant chai concentrate (such as Rishi's Masala Chai Tea Concentrate)
- In a medium-sized mixing bowl, cream all the ingredientys except for the confectioners sugar and "chai tea" concentrate.
- Once the butter mixture is light and fluffy, begin adding the sugar one heaping tablespoon at a time. Beat the mixture as you add the sugar, or beat it until it is smooth in between adding each scoop.
- Add three tablespoons of the chai concentrate. Beat until smooth
- Add more chai concentrate as needed to achieve the desired consistency.
- If desired, chill the frosting before using it to ice cake, cupcakes or other baked goods.
It yields rough two cups of frosting, which is enough to frost about one-dozen cupcakes or one eight-inch, two-layer layer cake.