Frozen Kahlua Coffee
popsicles are a grown-up version of a childhood favorite. Since they use instant coffee, they require very little prep time and absolutely no heat to prepare. Just mix and freeze for an instant summer treat!
Prep Time: 3 minutes
Cook Time: 3 hours
Total Time: 3 hours, 3 minutes
Yield: Approximately four popsicles
- Optional -- Enough chocolate milk, vanilla soymilk or whipped cream to fill the tip of each popsicle mold
- 2 cups filtered water
- 2 packets Starbucks Via (or two servings worth of any instant coffee brand)
- 4 ounces Kahlua (or other coffee liqueur)
- Optional: Add a small amount of chocolate milk, vanilla soymilk or whipped cream to bottom of each popsicle mold. Freeze it.
- Combine the water, instant coffee and Kahlua in a bowl. Stir until the instant coffee is completely dissolved.
- Add the mixture to the popsicle molds. (If you're using chocolate milk, vanilla soymilk or whipped cream, wait until it is completely frozen before adding the coffee mixture.)
- Add popsicle sticks and freeze the mixture for several hours, or until solid.
- Serve immediately or keep frozen for up to two weeks.