are frozen sweets similar to Italian ice or slushies. This Strawberry White Tea
Granita is refreshing and high in antioxidants. It's also a great way to use an abundance of summer strawberries, even if they are getting to be overly ripe.
Prep Time: 8 minutes
Cook Time: 4 hours
Total Time: 4 hours, 8 minutes
Yield: Approx. four servings
- 1 c. chilled white tea, preferably White Peony (Bai Mu Dan) white tea
- About 12 pureed strawberries
- 1 tsp. lemon juice
- 1 tsp. honey or agave nectar
- Mix all the ingredients in a shallow, freezer-safe dish.
- Optional: Cover the dish with a lid or with plastic wrap.
- Place the container in the freezer.
- After about one hour, scrape a fork through the mixture. Repeat every 45 minutes until the mixture is fully frozen. Scrape it less often for a chunkier mixture (like Italian ice) or more often for a smoother mixture (like sorbet).
- Enjoy immediately, or cover the container and scrape the granita once more before serving. Use within two weeks.