This modernized-classic iced tea recipe from Art of Tea features an award-winning black tea blend, lemon / orange juice and brown sugar. It's a more sophisticated take on Southern sweet iced tea.
- 1 liter of water
- 4 tablespoons of Art of Teaâs award-winning Classic Black tea
- 1 tablespoon brown sugar
- Juice of one orange or one lemon
- Large bowl of ice cubes, roughly crushed
- Place a large jug or pitcher into the freezer to chill at least 15 minutes before brewing your tea. (It can be left in the fridge or freezer days in advance for quick iced tea anytime.)
- Put the water on to boil in a saucepan or kettle.
- Put the tea and sugar in a teapot. As soon as the water boils pour it into the pot and infuse the tea for 5 minutes.
- Remove the pitcher from the freezer and pour the crushed ice and the citrus juice into it.
- Strain the tea and add it to the pitcher.
- Put the tea in the fridge for 10 minutes, or until the mixture is well chilled.
- Serve immediately.