Smith says, "It's really fresh, really healthy and a completely different kind of iced tea." Given that it contains not only fresh avocado, but also Serrano chili pepper, grated ginger root and grapefruit juice, I'd have to agree that this is NOT your usual iced tea.
Prep Time: 10 minutes
Cook Time: 5 minutes
Total Time: 15 minutes
Yield: Two servings
- 4 sachets Fez Green Tea (or 4 teaspoons loose-leaf Fez)
- 8 oz. filtered water
- The juice of 1/2 grapefruit
- 1/2 tsp. peeled, grated ginger
- 1/4 tsp. finely diced Serrano chili pepper
- 1/2 ripe avocado
- 1/2 c. simple syrup
- Juice of 1 lemon
- 2 c. ice
- Steep tea for three minutes in 8 ounces of filtered water brought a near boil.
- Remove bags or strain tea.
- Combine all ingredients in a blender and blend until smooth.