Matcha powder is an easy way to add green tea flavor, color and antioxidants to smoothies, milkshakes and other foods and drinks.
This easy milkshake recipe features coconut ice cream and matcha green tea
, as well as added vanilla extract. It has a green, summery, tropical flavor that is ideal for summer.
Prep Time: 2 minutes
Cook Time: 2 minutes
Total Time: 4 minutes
Yield: One to two servings
- 1 cup good quality coconut ice cream
- 1/8 to 1/4 cup milk (For a thicker milkshake, use less milk.)
- 1 Tbsp matcha latte mix or matcha green tea, plus more for garnish (optional)
- 1/4 tsp pure vanilla extract
- Mix the milk and matcha into a paste, adding milk to the matcha powder gradually in a small bowl.
- Blend all ingredients well in a blender.
- Pour the mixture into one to two glasses.
- (Optional) Top the milkshake with matcha green tea garnish.
- Serve immediately.