The Jasmine Pearl's Red Hot Hibiscus makes a tart, spicy, fruity, caffeine-free iced "tea" with a bright red color.
The Jasmine Pearl
Prep Time: 2 minutes
Cold-brewing time: 4 hours
Total Time: 4 hours, 2 minutes
- 1 tsp. herbal tea (such as Red Hot Hibiscus) for every 8 fl. oz. of water
- For every 8 oz. serving desired, place one heaping tsp. of Red Hot Hibiscus (or other herbal infusion) into an infuser.
- Place infuser into a pitcher and add cold water.
- Allow to steep 4 hour minimum (overnight is ideal), preferably in the refrigerator (to prevent the potential bacterial growth associated with sun tea).
- Half-fill glasses with ice and pour infusion over ice.
- Sweeten to taste using agave nectar or another liquid sweetener, as liquid sweeteners dissolve rapidly into cold liquids.