Prep Time: 30 minutes
Cook Time: 2 minutes
Soaking: 12 hours
Total Time: 12 hours, 32 minutes
Yield: 8 servings
- 2 cups thinly sliced fruit, any combination of oranges, apples, peaches, plums and peaches
- 1 cup brandy, plus more as needed
- 1/4 cup loose-leaf jasmine green tea leaves
- 6 cups steaming water (about 175ÃÂ°F)
- 1 bottle Riesling, chilled
- 2 tablespoons simple syrup
- Place the sliced fruit in a non-reactive container and completely cover with the brandy.
- Let sit overnight*, or if you're pressed for time, proceed to steps three and four and let it sit for at least 20 minutes as your tea cools.
- Place the tea leaves in a large pitcher. Add the steaming water and steep, covered, for 2 minutes.
- Strain, discarding the leaves and returning the tea liquid to the container, and let cool completely.
- Add the chilled Riesling, brandied fruit and simple syrup. Taste and add additional simple syrup and the brandy from the macerated fruit to taste.
- Serve over ice garnished with a slice of fresh orange.
* The fruit may be soaked in brandy for up to a week, so if you expect to make another batch soon, cut and soak extra fruit in advance to save time.