Prep Time: 2 minutes
Cook Time: 2 minutes
Total Time: 4 minutes
Yield: 1 serving
- 1 tsp matcha powder, such as Morning Matcha Organic Classic Grade or Gotcha Matcha Cafe Grade
- 2 tbsp fresh ginger, chopped or grated*
- 1/2 cup ice
- Juice of 1/2 lime
- Honey or honey alternative (optional, to taste)
* Don't have a blender? Use grated ginger and a martini shaker with ice-cubes for a ginger tea on the rocks. No electricity required.
Tips & Tricks
- Temperature matters. Heat brings out the bitter flavors in matcha. Ice will bring out the sweetness and the rich creamy mouth feel unique to matcha.
- Use best quality water and ice cubes available.
- For best results, use good quality matcha and adjust proportions to taste.
- Drink up immediately. Matcha tea does not technically “dissolve” but rather “suspends” in liquid. After a while, the tea will float to the bottom and your beverage will separate.