If you like this recipe, you might also enjoy this Radish & Goat Cheese Tea Sandwich Recipe.
Prep Time: 15 minutes
Total Time: 15 minutes
Yield: 20 finger sandwiches
- 1 small bunch small red radishes
- 1/4 cup softened butter
- (Optional) 1/4 cup chopped, fresh mint leaves
- 8-10 thin slices loaf white bread
- Fresh ground pepper, to taste
- Wash the radishes and slice them thin, holding the stems for a good grip as you slice.
- Place the sliced radishes in a bowl or colander and lightly coat them with salt.
- Let the radishes sit for about 10 minutes, then rinse and drain them. (Don't skip these steps. Salting the radishes will soften their texture and flavor.)
- For every two slices of bread, spread both slices of bread evenly with a thin layer of butter.
- Cover one side of the sandwich with sliced radishes.
- Season with pepper.
- Put the slices together, cut off the crusts and slice the sandwich diagonally two times to create four triangle finger sandwiches.