This healthy egg salad tea sandwich recipe
has all the flavor of an unhealthy egg salad finger sandwich, but is lower in fat and calories.
Prep Time: 15 minutes
Total Time: 15 minutes
Yield: 8 tea sandwiches
- 2 hard-boiled eggs, chilled after boiling to prevent green yolks
- 1 Tbsp. low-fat yogurt
- 1 Tbsp. Dijon mustard
- 1 Tbsp. chopped chives
- Sea salt, fresh-ground black pepper and paprika (preferably smoked paprika), to taste
- 4 slices whole grain bread
- Slice the eggs in half and remove the yolks.
- Mash the yolks, yogurt and mustard with a potato masher or a fork.
- Chop the egg whites.
- Stir the egg whites, chives and spices into the egg yolk mixture.
- Spread the egg salad onto two slices of bread.
- Top the egg salad with the remaining two slices of bread.
- Remove the crusts and slice the sandwiches two times, diagonally, to make four tea sandwiches from each large sandwich.