Also known as a "compound butter" or "flavored butter," this herbed butter recipe is versatile enough to be prepared as a savory herbed butter or a sweet herbed butter, depending on the herbs you select.
Prep Time: 10 minutes
Total Time: 10 minutes
Yield: 2.5 cups
- 2 cups (4 sticks) softened sweet butter
- 1 tsp lemon juice
- 1 tsp salt (for savory butter) or sugar (for sweet butter)
- 1 packed cup of finely chopped herbs (You can use a single herb or a mix of herbs. For sweet herbed butter, select herbs like mint, rosemary and lavender. For savory herbed butter, use herbs like chives, cilantro, parsley and thyme.)
- In a food processor or blender, puree the butter, lemon juice and salt/sugar until smooth.
- Add the herbs and pulse until well blended.
- Spread on finger sandwiches, scones, rolls or other foods immediately, or store it in a sealed, refrigerated container until ready to use.