This Matcha Macaroons recipe is very quick and easy to make.
Prep Time: 10 minutes
Cook Time: 12 minutes
Total Time: 22 minutes
Yield: About 18 macaroons
- 2/3 c. all-purpose flour
- 5 c. sweetened flaked or shredded coconut
- 2 tsp. good quality matcha green tea
- 1/4 tsp. salt
- 1 14-ounce can sweetened condensed milk
- 1 tsp. pure vanilla extract
- 1 tsp. almond extract
- Preheat the over to 350 degrees Fahrenheit.
- Line two cookie sheets with parchment paper or aluminum foil.
- Mix the flour, coconut, matcha and salt in a large mixing bowl.
- Using both hands, mix in the remaining ingredients.
- (Optional) Refrigerate the mixture for one to two hours for rounder macaroons. (These are great for dipping into a coating of melted chocolate or white chocolate.)
- Transfer the dough to the baking sheets one heaping teaspoon at a time using a large spoon, ice cream scoop or melon baller.
- Bake 12 to 15 minutes, or until bits of coconut on the surface of the macaroons become golden brown.
- Cool on the baking sheets.