This simple egg salad tea sandwich recipe
is simple in its preparation method and its flavor. You can use dried or fresh herbs, depending on how much time you have to make them, and the eggs can be hard boiled several days in advance.
Prep Time: 12 minutes
Total Time: 12 minutes
Yield: 8 tea sandwiches
- 2 hard-boiled eggs, chilled after boiling to prevent green yolks
- 1 Tbsp. mayo or mayo alternative
- 1 Tbsp. plain yogurt
- 1 Tbsp. Dijon mustard
- 1 tsp. chopped or dried dill
- 1 tsp. chopped or fresh parsley
- Sea salt and fresh-ground black pepper, to taste
- 4 slices bread (White bread is traditionally used, but you can use whole wheat or whole grain bread for healthier tea sandwiches.)
- Mash the eggs, mayo, yogurt and mustard with a potato masher or a fork.
- Stir in the herbs and spices.
- Spread the egg salad onto two slices of bread.
- Top the egg salad with the remaining two slices of bread.
- Remove the crusts and slice the sandwiches two times, diagonally, to make four tea sandwiches from each large sandwich.