Prep Time: 30 minutes
Total Time: 30 minutes
Yield: 16 tea sandwiches
- 8 slices white bread
- 2 Tbsp. softened herbed butter, prepared with herbs such as parsley, tarragon or rosemary
- (Optional) chopped fresh parsley, to taste
- 2 thinly sliced ripe tomatoes
- Sea salt and ground black pepper, to taste
- Spread about 1/2 tablespoon of herbed butter on each of four slices of bread. Top with parsley, if desired.
- Add a layer of tomato slices to each piece of buttered bread.
- Sprinkle with salt and pepper.
- Top the tomato slices with the remaining two slices of bread.
- Remove the crusts and slice the sandwiches two times, diagonally, to make four tea sandwiches from each large sandwich.