These Veggie Cream Cheese Tea Sandwiches were made with English cucumber, carrot, watercress, red onion and horseradish, but you can use whichever vegetables and herbs you prefer.
This easy veggie cream cheese finger sandwich recipe
is ideal for kids' tea parties or last minute guests. It can be prepared with a wide range of vegetables, and kids love it when it's made with milder, sweeter vegetables, such as carrots, cucumber and bell peppers.
Prep Time: 15 minutes
Total Time: 15 minutes
Yield: About 36 finger sandwiches
- About 1.5 cups of chopped, assorted vegetables, such as English cucumber, peeled carrot, bell pepper, watercress, baby spinach and red onion
- (Optional) Up to 1 tsp dried parsley, chopped fresh chives, chopped parsley, finely chopped garlic or finely chopped horseradish
- 1 8-oz container of softened cream cheese
- Salt and pepper, to taste
- 2 loaves white bread (such as buttermilk bread)
- Put some of the vegetables in a food processor and partially process them. Alternate adding more vegetables/herbs and processing the vegetables so that the food processor doesn't get jammed.
- When the vegetables (and, optionally, the herbs) are finely diced, mix them with the cream cheese in a bowl.
- Add salt and pepper to taste.
- For every two slices of bread, spread about 1.5 tablespoons of veggie cream cheese on one slice.
- Put the slices together, cut off the crusts and slice the sandwich diagonally two times to create four triangle finger sandwiches.