Steamers are hot, milk-based drinks that are popular in many coffeeshops. This basic steamer recipe can be used to make various kinds of flavored steamers, as well as soy steamers and other vegan steamers.
Prep Time: 3 minutes
Total Time: 3 minutes
Yield: 1 serving
- 1 cup milk or milk alternative (such as soy milk or almond milk)
- 1.5 oz flavored syrup (3 squirts from a Torani dispenser), or manufacturer's recommended quantity*
- (Optional) Whipped cream
- Using a frothing wand or stovetop, steam the milk or milk alternative.
- Add the flavored syrup into the bottom of a large mug or cup.
- Pour the steamed milk into the glass and (if needed) stir the drink.
- (Optional) Add whipped cream.
- Enjoy hot.
* Popular steamer flavors include caramel, Irish cream, mint, chocolate and vanilla. If you're making a fruit-flavored steamer, add the milk gradually to avoid curdling or add vanilla syrup to prevent curdling. If you want to reduce your sugar intake, you can use a sugar-free flavored syrup.