This iced hot cocoa recipe has all the flavor of hot chocolate, but it's chilled with ice or frozen hot chocolate. There are two versions of this recipe. The "chocolate ice cubes" version takes a little longer to make, but is far more rewarding to drink!
Prep Time: 2 minutes
Cook Time: 1 minute
Total Time: 3 minutes
Yield: One serving
- 1 cup milk or milk alternative
- (For the regular ice version of the recipe) Double the manufacturer's recommended quantity of cocoa mix or hot chocolate mix
- (For the "iced chocolate cubes" version of the recipe) The manufacturer's recommended quantity of cocoa mix or hot chocolate mix
- 6-8 ice cubes or "chocolate ice cubes" (directions below)
- Put the cocoa mix or hot chocolate mix in a glass and slowly stir in the milk or milk alternative.
- When the mixture is smooth, add the ice cubes or chocolate ice cubes.
- Whisk together the manufacturer's recommended amount of hot chocolate or hot cocoa mix with one cup milk or milk alternative.
- Pour the mixture into an ice cube tray.
- Freeze overnight, or until the "ice chocolate cubes" are solid.