This iced hot cocoa recipe
has all the flavor of hot chocolate
, but it's chilled with ice or frozen hot chocolate. There are two versions of this recipe. The "chocolate ice cubes" version takes a little longer to make, but is far more rewarding to drink!
Prep Time: 2 minutes
Cook Time: 1 minute
Total Time: 3 minutes
Yield: One serving
- 1 cup milk or milk alternative
- (For the regular ice version of the recipe) Double the manufacturer's recommended quantity of cocoa mix or hot chocolate mix
- (For the "iced chocolate cubes" version of the recipe) The manufacturer's recommended quantity of cocoa mix or hot chocolate mix
- 6-8 ice cubes or "chocolate ice cubes" (directions below)
To make chocolate ice cubes:
- Put the cocoa mix or hot chocolate mix in a glass and slowly stir in the milk or milk alternative.
- When the mixture is smooth, add the ice cubes or chocolate ice cubes.
- Whisk together the manufacturer's recommended amount of hot chocolate or hot cocoa mix with one cup milk or milk alternative.
- Pour the mixture into an ice cube tray.
- Freeze overnight, or until the "ice chocolate cubes" are solid.