Coffee and alcohol
are often combined for flavor and for function. Some see the caffeine
kick they provide as a bonus, while others see them as an essential part of coffee
cocktails, which they use to avoid drowsiness while they drink. Whichever way you prefer to view coffee cocktails, one thing is for sure: you'll probably prefer the flavor of them to the flavor of most energy drink cocktails out there. These are some of the many easy-to-make coffee cocktails you can enjoy at home:
- Irish Coffee - Irish Coffee is the classic coffee cocktail and, some would say, the classic hot cocktail.
- B-51, B-52, B-53 and B-54 Shots - These simple coffee shots can be layered or mixed. Each tastes slightly different.
- Sambuca & Coffee Beans - This traditional Italian drink makes a fantastic aperitif or digestif.
- Easy Coffee Martini 1 ("The Shakes") - "The Shakes" is presentable, high in alcohol and caffeine-rich enough to kick off a long night of partying. It can also be made with espresso instead of coffee for an easy espresso martini recipe.
- Easy Coffee Martini 2 ("Mint-Choco-Java Cocktail") - "Mint-Choco-Java Cocktail" tastes like it sounds (sweet with sneak-up alcohol) and is a breeze to make. It can also be prepared as an espresso martini.
- Coffee-Infused Vodka - As a base for more elaborate drinks or a flavorful variation on regular vodka, Quick Coffee Liquor is a fast and easy addition to your coffee/bar menu.
- Spiked Coffee Ice Cream Dream - This is an epic frou-frou drink... and it's incredibly easy to make.
- Chocolate Mocha-Tini - The trifecta of coffee, chocolate and alcohol makes this a decadently drinkable cocktail. Layered liqueurs and a dollop of chocolate ice cream make for an impressive presentation, and it can be made in no time flat if you have leftover drip coffee or cold-brewed coffee to spare.
Once you've mastered these drinks, hone your bartending skills with these Intermediate Coffee Cocktails