This spicy, warming syrup can be used to sweeten and flavor iced coffee, iced tea, hot drinks or cocktails.
Prep Time: 8 minutes
Cook Time: 30 minutes
Total Time: 38 minutes
Yield: Makes about one cup
- 1 cup semi-packed brown sugar
- 1 cup water
- 1 peeled, sliced piece of ginger, about the size of a large grape
- Combine all ingredients in a small saucepan.
- Boil for 30 minutes.
- Remove from heat and strain the ginger.
- Allow to cool, and then store in an airtight container in the fridge for up to six months.