Prep Time: 3 minutes
Cook Time: 6 minutes
Total Time: 9 minutes
Yield: One serving
- 5 ounces simmering water
- 3 tbsp. whole milk
- 1 tbsp. loose-leaf yerba mate
- Sugar or vanilla sugar (to taste)
- Combine the simmering water and the whole milk.
- Place the yerba mate into an in-cup infuser. Place the infuser into a mug and slowly pour the liquid over it, allowing the liquid to seep in as you would when using a manual drop coffee filter.
- Brew for four to six minutes, depending on desired strength.
- Add sugar to taste.
- Stir with a spoon, or froth with a frother for a more latte-like texture.