This easy recipe for cold-brewed mate brews in the fridge overnight. It can be drunk straight, mixed with honey, or made into a yerba mate smoothie
in the morning.
Prep Time: 2 minutes
Cook Time: 8 hours
Total Time: 8 hours, 2 minutes
Yield: Makes one to two servings
- 8 to 12 ounces cool water
- 1 tbsp. loose-leaf yerba mate, or two teabags
- Honey or juice (pineapple, orange, lemon or other) to taste (optional)
- Combine water and yerba mate in a glass. Cover the glass with a small saucer or plastic wrap (optional).
- Leave it in the fridge overnight.
- In the morning, strain the leaves or remove the teabags.
- Add honey or juice to taste (optional).