This recipe is an easy variation on classic Hong Kong-style milk tea recipes. For an added treat, use it as the base for Yin-Yang Coffee-Tea.
Prep Time: 1 minute
Cook Time: 8 minutes
Total Time: 9 minutes
Yield: Serves up to 6.
- 1 cup water
- 2 Tbsp. black tealeaves (preferably a bold Ceylon tea)
- 1 small (14-ounce) can sweetened, condensed milk, or 14 ounces evaporated milk, plus sugar (to taste)
- Combine water and tealeaves in a small saucepan over medium heat.
- Bring to a low boil. Reduce heat and simmer for 3 minutes.
- Remove from heat. Stir in sweetened, condensed milk. Return to heat.
- Return to a boil. Simmer for 3 more minutes.
- Strain and serve hot or (optional) chill and serve over ice. Small glasses are ideal.