This green tea vodka
recipe can be used to make sipping vodka, green tea
dessert liqueurs, green tea
martinis and other green tea cocktails. It's incredibly easy to make -- simply infuse green tealeaves
in vodka and add simple syrup
Prep Time: 10 minutes
Cook Time: 10 hours
Total Time: 10 hours, 10 minutes
Yield: Ten two-ounce servings
- 750 mL ("a fifth") of neutral-tasting vodka
- 6 level teaspoons good quality green tealeaves (The tea can be flavored or unflavored. I used Yuzu Sencha for the vodka in the photograph.)
- Simple syrup (optional, to taste)
- Using a funnel, place the tealeaves into the bottle of vodka. If necessary, lightly crush them first or use a chopstick to fit them through the funnel and into the bottle.
- Replace the cap of the bottle and shake well.
- Steep for about 10 hours, or to taste.
- Pour the mixture through a strainer and funnel into a different bottle. (If you plan to add simple syrup, use a larger bottle.)
- Discard the tealeaves. Add simple syrup to the remaining solution if desired.
- Serve straight, on the rocks or as a base for more complex cocktails.