This spicy, strong masala chai
vodka makes an exceptional base for creamy cocktails. It's also delicious on its own or with a bit of simple syrup
Prep Time: 10 minutes
Cook Time: 10 hours
Total Time: 10 hours, 10 minutes
Yield: Ten two-ounce servings
- 750 mL (a.k.a. "a fifth") neutral-tasting vodka
- 5 level tablespoons masala chai made with CTC tea
- Simple syrup (optional, to taste)
- Using a funnel, guide the chai into the bottle of vodka. If necessary, lightly crush the spices first or use a chopstick to fit them through the funnel and into the bottle.
- Replace the cap of the bottle and shake well.
- Steep for about 10 hours, or to taste.
- Pour the mixture through a strainer and funnel into a different bottle. (If you plan to add simple syrup, use a larger bottle.)
- Discard the chai. Add simple syrup to the remaining solution if desired.
- Serve straight, on the rocks or as a base for more complex cocktails.