(or molé) is a chili-chocolate sauce used in many Mexican foods. More recently, it has appeared in the cocktail scene in the form of mole bitters, which are fantastic in coffee martinis. Mole bitters and a spiced sugar-espresso rim transform the Mole Coffee Martini from a basic coffee cocktail to an exciting (and relatively easy to make) specialty coffee cocktail.
Prep Time: 4 minutes
Cook Time: 4 minutes
Total Time: 8 minutes
Yield: One serving
- 1/4 cup espresso-ground coffee
- 1/4 cup spiced brown sugar
- Enough molé bitters to rim the glass (Try Bittermens' Xocolatl Mole Bitters, look to a local bitters maker or create your own bitters blend.)
- 2 ounces vodka
- 1 ounce Kahlua
- Make a 1:1 blend of espresso-ground coffee and spiced brown sugar.
- Rim a martini glass with the molé bitters and the sugar-espresso mixture.
- Shake and strain the vodka and Kahlua into the martini glass.
- Serve immediately.