Icy, spicy, sweet, caffeine
-filled and creamy – this variation on a Vietnamese iced coffee
is a fantastic coffee
treat for sweltering afternoons in summer. Try this Vietnamese Coffee Popsicle recipe as a mid-afternoon energy boost, a barbecue dessert or a frozen alternative to your daily cuppa Joe.
Prep Time: 10 minutes
Cook Time: 2 hours
Total Time: 2 hours, 10 minutes
Yield: Makes about 8 popsicles
- 2 cups water
- 1/3 cup espresso-ground coffee beans
- 2/3 cups sweetened condensed milk (less than one 14-oz. can)
- 3 whole cardamom pods
- 3 whole cloves
- 1 cinnamon stick
- Brew the coffee in a French press for about ten minutes. It should be very strong when it's done brewing.
- Combine the sweetened condensed milk and the spices in a heat-safe bowl large enough to hold about 3 cups of liquid.
- While stirring, slowly add the coffee. Mix well.
- Cover with aluminum foil or plastic wrap, and refrigerate until cold.
- Remove the spices and any remaining coffee grounds with a fine strainer.
- Pour the chilled mixture into Popsicle molds, and then freeze for several hours. Serve within a week.