Smoked black teas (such as Lapsang Souchong, Tarry Souchong or Russian Caravan) give this non-alcoholic cocktail, or "mocktail," its deep, smoky flavor.
This smoky tea
mocktail is a flavorful, non-alcoholic drink alternative to a Bloody Mary
. Pair with heavy weekend brunches or enjoy as a liquid afternoon snack.
Prep Time: 5 minutes
Cook Time: 5 minutes
Total Time: 10 minutes
Yield: Makes about 2.5 cups (20 oz.)
- 1 tbsp. Lapsang Souchong, Tarry Souchong or Russian Caravan tealeaves
- 1 c. boiling water
- 1 c. tomato juice or tomato-juice blend (such as V8)
- 1 celery stalk, or other Bloody Mary garnishes besides lemon or lime
- Hot sauce, salt or other seasonings (to taste)
- Ice (as needed)
- Brew the tealeaves in the boiling water for 5 minutes.
- Strain the leaves. Blend the tea with the tomato juice.
- Pour over ice.
- Add desired seasonings and garnishes. Serve immediately.