Adagio's IngenuiTEA is a durable, portable, BPA-free plastic tea
infuser. It's easy to use and (generally) easy to clean. I highly recommend it to casual tea drinkers looking for an easy way to steep loose-leaf tea
Pros to Buying Adagio's IngenuiTEA Tea Infuser
IngenuiTEA is one of the most popular tea infusers out there. Its popularity is fueled by a number of factors, including the following qualities:
- It's is made of food-grade, SGS-free, BPA-free plastic.
- It is far more durable and portable than your average tea brewing vessel. (It only weights nine ounces.)
- It's an ideal size for one to two cups of tea, making it suitable for individuals and couples.
- It's incredibly easy to use -- just add tealeaves and water, steep, and set it on top of a cup or mug to release the tea.
- It includes a coaster-like drip tray to prevent any leakage.
- It's generally easy to clean.
- (Although I do not recommend microwaving water for your tea) it's microwavable.
Cons to Buying Adagio's IngenuiTEA Tea Infuser
Adagio's Ingenuity Tea Infuser fits most cup sizes and comes with a drip tray (pictured here in the foreground).Marko Goodwin
IngenuiTEA is an easy-to-use tea infuser with a lot of perks, but it's not ideal for everyone. Here are a few drawbacks to buying IngenuiTEA:
- Although the filter is removable, it is somewhat difficult to remove particles of rooibos, chamomile and some other tisanes or teas with small particles.
- Although it's SGS and BPA-free, some people may prefer to avoid it because it is made of plastic.
- The tea release mechanism works on most standard cups sizes. However, if your favorite mug is particularly wide or narrow, it might not be a good match for you.
- It's not as unique or aesthetically pleasing as, say, a handmade Yi Xing teapot or a Japanese tetsubin. (That said, it's far less expensive than handcrafted teapots!)
- With heavy use, some staining may appear over time.
- Although replacement filters are available, some users have complained that the replacement filters do not fit their infusers.
Despite a few minor drawbacks, this is a great product for casual tea drinkers and (especially) for people who are new to loose-leaf tea brewing. Since it is lightweight and durable, I'd also recommend it as a travel teapot.
Disclosure: Review samples were provided by the manufacturer. For more information, please see our Ethics Policy