When you chill beverages, they tend to lose some of their sweetness. This oolong iced tea recipe calls for a naturally sweet oolong, so you only need to add a dab of honey for a healthy-but-sweet iced tea.
Prep Time: 5 minutes
Cook Time: 5 minutes
Total Time: 10 minutes
Yield: About two servings
- 1 heaping teaspoon oolong leaves (preferably Oriental Beauty or Wen Shan Bao Zhong oolong)
- 1 cup near-boiling water (around 195 degrees Fahrenheit)
- 1/4 to 1/2 teaspoon honey
- Ice (approximately 1 cup)
- Pour the bubbling water over the tealeaves.
- Steep for four minutes and then remove the tealeaves.
- Add the honey and stir.
- Pour the tea over ice.