For Moroccan mint tea (a blend of green tea and mint leaves), see this Moroccan Mint Tea Recipe.
Prep Time: 3 minutes
Cook Time: 5 minutes
Total Time: 8 minutes
Yield: Two servings
- 2 cups filtered water
- About 15 fresh mint leaves
- (Optional) Sugar or honey, to taste (start with about 1 tsp per cup and add more as desired)
- (Optional) Ice
- (Optional) 2 lemon wheels, or lemon juice to taste
- Bring the water to a rolling boil.
- Remove from heat and add the mint leaves.
- Steep for three to five minutes, depending on desired strength.
- Add sweetener as desired.
- (Optional) Pour over ice.
- (Optional) Garnish with lemon wheels or add lemon juice to taste.
- Serve hot in mugs or iced in tall glasses.