Rooibos has no caffeine and is low in tannin, so it can be enjoyed all day long without any unpleasant side effects. This also makes it a great tea for pregnant women and nursing mothers.
Various studies have shown the many health problems that can be helped by drinking Rooibos tea:
- Eases irritability, headaches, nervous tension and insomnia.
- Acts as an anti-spasmodic agent, to relieve stomach cramps and colic in infants
- Can be used to treat hay fever, asthma and eczema
- Placed directly on the skin, it can slow the aging process
- Boosts the immune system
There are so many minerals in the tea, that it can almost be considered a nutritional supplement:
- Alpha-hydroxy (great for the skin)