Your Company's Name
An Afternoon to Remember Fine Tea and Gifts
Your Website Link
6 c. cooked chicken, chopped finely (about 8 breasts)
4 T. sesame seed oil
4 bunches green onions, chopped finely
1/2 c. chopped cilantro
2 c. mayonnaise
toasted sesame seeds
22 slices of bread (buttermilk works well)
1. Mix together chicken, sesame oil, green onions and cilantro.
2. Add enough of the mayonnaise to bind mixture together. (You might not need it all)
3. Mix well.
4. Spread butter on one side of each slice of bread.
5. Place about 1/2 c. filling on buttered slice and top with second slice. Wrap in plastic wrap and allow to set in refrigerator. Overnight works best.
6. Cut each sandwich into 4 triangles.
7. Sprinkle a mixture of dried parsley and sesame seeds along edges.
This recipe makes about 44 tea sandwiches.
Tips and Tricks
- To toast the sesame seeds in the oven: Place a piece of parchment paper on a cookie sheet. Sprinkle about 1/4 c. of seeds on paper. Bake for about 10 minutes on 350 degrees, stirring once.
- By allowing the sandwiches to chill overnight, the edges come out crisp and clean when you cut them into triangles.
- Pair this with a Zhen Qu (Yunnan tea) for a delicious treat!